Mathematical Models, H.M. Cundy and A.P. Rollett. En inglés. FICHA TÉCNICA: Nombre:
Mathematical Models, H.M. Cundy and A.P. Rollett. Código:
H.M. Cundy and A.P. Rollett Fabricante:
TARQUIN Dificultad: Hojas:
Material didáctico apropiado para centros escolares bilingües.
- I: The use and construction of models.: What is a model?, The use of models, Materials for models.
- II: Models in plane Geometry: Dissections, the circle, circular functions, Loci and envelopes, roulettes and Involutes, Paper folding, Knots, Plane tessellations, curves as limits of polygonal sequences, golden section, some miscellaneous curves and figures.
- III: Polyhedra: Introduction, duality, materials and construction, colouring polyhedra, the five regular platonic polyedra, the kepler- poinsot polyhedra, dual solids, stellated archimedea polyedra, regular compounds, deltahedra, unitary construction, the stellations of the rhombic dodecahedron, plaiting, miscellaneous.
- IV: Other models in solid geometry: wire models, wooden models, quadric surfaces, ruled surfaces, möbius strips, one.sided surfaces and the klein bottle, shere packs, methos of modelling surfaces, puzzles.
- V: Mechanical models: Models in mechanics, models in statistics, plane linkages, linkages in three dimensions, machines for drawing curves.
- VI: Models for logic and computing: Logical devices, punched cards, electric circuits, binary addition, analogue computers, conclusion.